September is here - and what better time to start rethinking Fall entertaining! This month, we are featuring 4 products perfect for fall:
A good sauté pan is irreplaceable, especially when it comes to bringing out the flavours of fall! Made in France, The Mauviel M'héritage copperware collection heats more evenly, much faster than other metals and offers superior cooking control. It represents the total experience and heritage of Mauviel 1830, and is used by professionals and household cooks throughout the world. It's the perfect tool for perfecting fall recipes, much like a delicate butternut squash spaghetti carbonara:
- 1 ½ cup chopped butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces spaghetti
- 2 slices bacon
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons ½ and ½, milk or cream
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. On a baking sheet toss squash with olive oil. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Bake until soft, about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks, ½ and ½ and salt together.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add a generous handful of salt. The pasta water should taste like sea water. Cook pasta until al dente. Reserve cooking liquid.
- When squash is soft transfer to a blender along with ¼ cup of the starchy cooking liquid from the pasta. Blend until smooth.
- In a large skillet cook bacon until crisp over a medium heat. Remove and drain on paper towel. Add chopped onion and garlic. Cook until soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add hot pasta to the onion and garlic mixture, along with pureed squash, egg/parmesan mixture and reserved bacon. Toss until combined.
- If necessary, ladle in enough cooking liquid to loosen the sauce up. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Luigi Bormioli Optima Bottles
A nice practical touch for any table setting, is a nice bottle of olive oil or sparkling water for guests to enjoy at a meal. The Luigi Bormioli Optima collection has one of a kind bottles with registered designs that have sturdy and safe rims. Each bottle has a specific serving option and from which it is easy to fill and pour wine, water, juice, and oil. Our Italian made beautiful bottles are eco-friendly as they can be used again and again for parties and everyday use.
Costa Nova Portugese Dishes
The Friso Stoneware Dinnerware Collection by Costa Nova strips back the design of the dinnerware sets and serving pieces to their pottery fundamentals. Perfect for casual dining, the pieces in this collection are ideal for everyday use. With the artisan feel and look of thrown pottery but combined with the strength and durability of stoneware, the pieces in this collection bring simple design elegance that add an understated character to your entertaining and meal times. They are an elegant addition to any fall table setting.
Grace & Company Place Papers
Finally, and in limited supply, we have our very own Grace & Company Place Papers. Locally designed for your dinner table, G&C Place Papers can go beyond table settings and be used as gift wrap or lining a cheese or charcuterie board!
As summer comes to an end, I can't wait to see the fall colours - but even more excited to open our doors! Look out for our grand opening at the end of this month!